The Agile Agency – interactive talk
Software is never finished. Many agencies work towards deadlines, launch dates and ‘finished’. Switching our mindset from ‘finished’ to ‘how can we improve’ prevents many common issues in agency-client workflows. So, how do you translate Agile and Scrum’s fairy-tale-land to the reality of agency-client work, so developers and clients have less stress? How do you prevent:
* Projects taking the best part of a year to launch.
* Usually, longer than expected and therefor over budget.
* Pressure to meet deadlines, resulting in burn-out and corners being cut.
* Uncertainty over what the scope of ‘finished’ really is. For instance: feature completeness compared to a current online store.
* Functionality being developed is not what the client expected.
* Testing only being taken really serious when the deadline is about to hit (can we actually release this?)
* Strained client relations due to all of the above.
At MediaCT we’ve worked for years to resolve these issues. After years in the business, we’ve now hit a point at which we feel we’ve figured (some of) these things out. We don’t live in a perfect reality, but at the least we can embrace this reality. In this interactive talk, I will take you through our approach to an “Agile Agency”, working with a Minimum Viable Product and what that means for development teams, clients, product owners and stakeholders.
Why Agility Matters.
In 20 minutes, I will blast you with a monologue on * Why Agile Matters *. We get back into the core of agility and the Agile Manifesto's original intentions. We cover:
* What the essence of agility is.
* Why 'Agile' is more alive than ever.
* What most critics get wrong.
* How most new methods and frameworks expand on common-sense agility.
* What you can do to start improving agility.
Though somewhat aimed at IT professionals, this talk can be tailored to other types of business. I'm happy to make the talk match your audience in the best way possible. Time and price are an indication, as I like to customize the presentation to your context and wishes.